Monday, October 13, 2008

Now Wednesday is the day...

So we have had a little bit of another delay and we will not arrive back in the States until Wednesday. Austrian Airlines will not allow me to fly on their planes for another three weeks with a blood clot. How mean?! We are flying through a different airline, but they don't have flights back to good ole America every day. So we have to wait for Wednesday before we will finally make it home. The call of bad news came from the insurance company shortly before our dinner arrived. I was already super bummed about not getting home until Wednesday, but then I saw what dinner was. The main dish: some vegetable mixture quiche looking thing, the side dish: pickled beets, the dessert: I still don't know. Veggies....(yuck) just aren't my thing. It was way more than I could take and after staring at my supposed meal for a few minutes, I just burst into tears. After dodging the nurses because we weren't sure if they would let me walk that far, my mom took me down to the cafe on the first floor and bought me the closest thing we could find to a ham and cheese sandwich and then a cherry yogurt, too. It was so nice to have something more familar! Thanks mom! After my mini meltdown we did finally recieve our flight plans via email. We get to leave the hospital tomorrow, much to my delight! I really don't think I could stay just one more day. We are flying to London tomorrow afternoon and we will spend the night there and then fly straight home Wednesday morning. I am so excited! We are really going to leave!

No comments: