Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm Busting Outta Here...

The doctor came in today and told us that we could go home on Monday! Yay! I am so excited! The hospital here has been great... but come on... its a hospital. I can't wait to get back home. Well going home is actually very bittersweet. For almost a year now I have been applying, preparing, and waiting to go to Romania. It makes me so sad that my experience was cut short. Part of me wants so badly to go back to Iasi. I want to go work with the little babies again. I want to walk into the room and see little Ovidiu looking up at me with his eyes begging me to pick him up. I want to get frustrated with him because he is the hardest baby to feed in the world, and then remember that I came there just to love him and it doesn't matter how long it takes for him to eat. I want to blow bubbles with Marion for hours and color with Alexandra even though she never likes my pictures. I want to let Catalina play with my hair even though she always ends up ripping a ton of it out. I want to change the diapers of the little babies there that have been abandoned and need my love even if I can only hold them for an hour. I will miss Iasi and my experience that I started there and didn't get to finish. I am so grateful that I got to serve the kids in Iasi for the short time I was there. It was an incredible experience that I will never forget. I hope the rest of my group will love and serve those kids with all their hearts, because I won't be able to.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Luckily you have the pictures and the memories that will last forever!!!

Glad you guys are going home soon!