Saturday, October 18, 2008

Medical Update

Here is a quick medical update: I went to the doctor on Thursday morning. They are always suprised at how young I am for having blood clots. I think it is always funny how the nurses or people that take your weight and height ask me questions like, "How did you get a blood clot?" I always think in my head, "Thats why I am here...Why don't you tell me how I got a blood clot?" :) But I just say, "I don't know... it's kinda crazy." Anyways... They took tons of blood and now we are just waiting for the results from all the different tests they are doing. I am also going in for another ultrasound on my leg at the beginning of next week. The records that were in Romanian and German just weren't making sense. But the doctor thinks the blood clots are probably linked to my genetics... thank you mom and dad! She said something about a Sector 5 gene... I don't really understand it all. I can't really do anything too exciting because a piece of the blood clot could still break off and go to my lung or to my brain. So I'm still hanging out in these great compression stockings just waiting for more information from the doctor. I'm just so happy to be home! Life is good!

No comments: